09 July 2006

Les Miserables, Slugs, and other Sundry

Every Saturday we're scheduled to take a non-academic fun day trip to some location in the UK. Yesterday we went to London, and some fellow students and I took Tom's kids to Les Miserables. The majority of our group had never seen it, and it was a great production. I've seen it a couple of times before, and you'd think I get tired of the music, but I loved it. The opening music began and I got the chills. It was so fun. We also had some great Indian food and enjoyed walking through Kensington Gardens. I love London differently than any other city. I guess it seems very Victorian (my favorite) to me. It feels like I'm walking through all of my favorite novels, sort of. It's tough to explain, and I wish you were all here to experience it with me. And not the smug I-wish-you-were-here-too-bad-for-you, but I really think our family would love this (so would brooke and sarah--we need to come!).

So, I got up a little early the other day. I'm sitting innocently on the couch in our livingroom, minding my own business, reading my book. Susan walks in and examines a black line on the carpet that I had missed. It was a FOUR INCH SLUG chilling on our carpet!! I was in bare feet, I could have stepped on it! I was so grossed out I couldn't even look at it. I love Cardiff, but we do have our fair share of critters in the house, including mutant rolly-polly bugs. Nasty-b.

Anyhow, incidently Middlemarch is a great book. Loving it. Highly recommend it.

Still trying to figure out how to post pictures. Hopefully I'll have some up soon.

No comments: