29 February 2012

chicken enchilada casserole

i made something healthy and tasty! it's adapted from a favorite recipe book of mine--low on the go.

18 corn tortillas, torn into pieces
3 cups cooked chicken
2 cans low fat cream of chicken soup
1 cup non fat sour cream
1 1/2 cup chicken broth
2 cans green chilies (4oz each)
1 T. dried onion
1 1/2 cup grated non fat cheese (i don't believe in non-fat cheese, so i use a sharp 2% milk cheddar)

Make a mixture of soup, sour cream, broth, chilies and onion.

In a 13x9 pan layer 1/3 of the tortillas, then 1/3 of the chicken, and then 1/3 of the sauce. Contiune with layers and top with grated cheese. (the chicken layer will be scattered and the sauce layer is kind of drizzled on--it won't fill all the gaps and holes--this is fine, it turns out).

Bake at 350 covered for 20 minutes and 10 uncovered. When I did it, my casserole needed an extra 10 minutes covered.

Serves 8

Made with the recipe ingredients (so, nonfat cheese) it has 5 grams fat and 344 calories per serving.

I added avocado, because I love avocado. It was tasty. I also stabbed my hand getting the pit out of the avocado--not so smart. Watch yourselves.
















hot out of the oven
















I may need a little bit of practice on my presentation and plating...




















no stabbing your hand!

No comments: