I've been wanting to blog for a while. My problem is a topic. Everything is so dreadfully centered around me and what I think and feel and worry about. Ugh. I just don't have what it takes right now--be it talent, work ethic, energy, whatever--to write something beyond my preoccupations. Hmm.
But! I did think of some more things for my life-to-do list:
5. Take piano lessons again.
6. Do a triathalon
Also, another list. Things I really like:
1. Sees candy
2. Devouring books. And reading books I can devour. That is not every book, let me tell you.
3. Going to see movies in the theater by myself.
4. Going to see movies in the theater with friends.
5. Holding babies.
7. Classical music.
8. Pop top-40s type music.
9. Reading in bed at night until I fall asleep.
11. Film adaptations of 19C novels--well, I don't always like them, but I like watching them.
12. Marathoning TV shows.
13. Painting my toenails.
14. Getting a haircut.
15. Well-written literary criticism.
16. Laughing hard enough so that tears come.
18. Mail in general.
21. Swimming. Water. Being in water.
22. The beach. The ocean.
24. Trying new restaurants.
26. Juicy, harmless gossip. News is a better word for this--hearing what's going on for people. The latest and greatest. Like, that one of my nephews did so-and-so. I would just say "news" but people might think I mean what we get on TV news stations and the newspaper. And that's not what I would mean.
28. Film reviews.
30. Squash. Particularly butternut and spaghetti.
32. Reading cookbooks.
33. A clean kitchen floor.
34. Ice cream. Homemade cookies. Caramels.
Ah, nothing like a nice list. So, just kidding on the thoughts. Maybe I will do thoughts later.